Wednesday, December 9

Floating Sunday Brunch

Sunday I joined the ranks of Queen Elizabeth II, John Wayne, and Tom Cruise, by dining where they all have visited-- Jumbo Kingdom in Aberdeen Harbour! Tracy and Becca's birthdays were last week, so we had a celebratory champagne brunch on the top deck of the floating restaurant. We had a huge table outside overlooking the little sampan ferry boats that bring you across the water to the restaurant. The weather was perfect-- I had to run back upstairs and change to a lighter dress and grab my sunglasses! You never would know it's mid-December here!

The food was served American buffet style, all you can eat. I will venture to guess I got my money's worth. After "No-Frills" generic brand oatmeal and noodles being my weekday staples, the amazing array of Western food was mindboggling. I am talking sushi, salad bar, veggies, any kind of fish or meat you can imagine, an entire dessert bar (including a crepe station and gourmet ice cream)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We read each one and love hearing from home!