Thursday, December 3

haircut


Hey friends!

Just FYI-- you might not recognize me when I jump off our flight coming home Christmas! Last Wednesday I impulsively jumped on a bus that took me to one of the most populated areas in the world and walked into a local salon. I pointed to a picture of a haircut in a magazine and the guy went to town. Three hours later I was walking out with an extremely different look than the one I picked out! My hair is super short in the back and longer in the front. Everyone knows I love to throw my hair back; there is no chance of anything resembling a ponytail these days. (Today I was running late and you have never seen such a hilarious case of bedhead!) I was at the salon past 10:30pm and by that point, I was their only customer. Every stylist hung around and all came by to touch my hair. My neighbor Phyllis recommended the place, and she laughed and said I was likely the first Westerner to come in to the place. They couldn't believe how dry my hair was compared to the Chinese hair, and one guy kept touching it and saying "so many hairs! so many hairs!" Oh yeah-- I also pointed to a color in a book and dyed my entire head an extremely yellow gold color! HAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We read each one and love hearing from home!