Tuesday, March 30

EASTER BREAK!!!

Hi from the office! Today I am wearing a red Chinese silk shirt with a dragon motif, along with jeans and my wooly warm UGG bedroom slippers Tripp got me for Christmas. Yes, slippers. It's hard to believe I am getting paid to be here today. My five and six year olds are with Liza (she works at our sister school in Tsuen Wan) on a field trip to a Buddhist temple.

Today is a celebration the birth of an important religious figure in Taoism, but no one has been able to explain who or what he is in English to me. The rest of the children here are spending the day in a school assembly in Cantonese. (English lessons cancelled) So... I am taking a break from watching Confessions of a Shopoholic on the laptop to eat lunch (the cooks made the staff rice noodles)!

Easter Break begins tomorrow! I am finally making it out to one of Tripp's basketball games tonight, and tomorrow Liza and I are doing sunrise Tai Chi on the harbor waterfront and getting morning manicures! Great start to what is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation in Japan!

Spoke with Doc and Julia last night and we are good to go Friday! They are on a plane to Honolulu as I type. I feel like the man from the story with the yarn that can tug at the ball and make time speed up. I have been waiting and wishing anxiously for another travel adventure and now the time is flying! I hope our time in Japan stands still so we can enjoy everything Julia has planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We read each one and love hearing from home!