Wednesday, March 10

In Between Travels Update

Hi friends!

It’s amazing to hear feedback from people who have seen our pictures and run across the blog! We appreciate your interest in our Asian adventures and love keeping in touch more than you know!

We are still flying high from our Malaysia travels, and I can hardly believe in three weeks we will be in Japan for Easter break! Tripp’s grandfather Berwyn and his wife Julia are meeting us in the Narita airport April 1st; our planes arrive within five minutes of each other! I cannot wait. What a happy reunion that will be!

Julia has been planning and getting the travel arrangements together, which is a huge blessing because she lived in Japan several years! We are sure to see the “best of” and have a great time. The guide books say the first weekends of April are the best time to visit because the cherry blossoms are in bloom.

While we anxiously count down to our next departure, we are still trying to see and do everything the city has to offer. My favorite Hong Kong columnist, Nury Vittachi, will be out on the town tonight so I am going to (hopefully) meet him! He emigrated to Britian during the Sri Lankan civil war (where he was born), married a British girl, went on an Asian honeymoon, found Hong Kong and never returned! They adopted three Chinese kids and he writes Dissident’s Diary in The Standard (English paper), which is the bright point of my daily paper read! Huge loser, I know, but I am really excited. He is also a crime novelist… maybe I will tote along my library copy of his latest and get him to sign it?

Went to dinner Friday with a newly arrived USC graduate from Charleston Liza knows! Small world, right? Lived in Columbia four years and now is here. We ate at Temple Street (something about my prawn omelette was not quite right-- I was knocked out all weekend and unable to do my planned Plover Cove campout) but picked up some pirated movies and caught up on the award winners. I am saving 3D for the actual theater tomorrow and catching Alice in Wonderland with some teacher girlfriends. Tripp is moving and shaking as always; I'll let him update you on his past weeks.

I am really proud of Mom-- Pink Sorbet got a mention in March's Southern Living!! Lots of cute dresses in the store now. Has been fun keeping up with the store's Facebook page-- so if you're on there, become a fan of pink sorbet! Miss yall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We read each one and love hearing from home!