Thursday, April 29

Go Bazaar!

Had the greatest mid-week treat yesterday when I darted from school to make to the YWCA's Spring Bazaar in Central, which closed at six. I made it there with twenty minutes till closing and a major budget in mind.

This event was right up my alley! After years of being the vendor at countless festivals and local fairs hawking Sassy Mel's wares, it was a fun change of pace to be the customer on the other side. There were fifty booths of local vendors selling their wares. I knew the feeling of dread packing up all the leftover merchandise all too well, and took full advantage of the discounts people were offering to not have to lug it back with them. I picked up Schindler's List and another DVD with Ben Affleck, as well as two paperbacks super, super cheap. I got a bottle of Bordeaux half price from a gourmet wine and food booth.

They had run out of treats from the bake sale (sad day!) and I skipped the Fair Trade coffee table and foot massage area to spend my precious few minutes in the White Elephant Room. It's a great concept-- members of the YWCA and local businesses with excess stock donated all kinds of new merchandise.

I wish I could share pictures of my FANTASTIC finds, but then that would ruin the surprise of you getting the gifts I bought, right?

Get excited.

Until next time, SB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We read each one and love hearing from home!